Teacher's chemistry error sends 3 to hospital - FOX 8, WVUE, fox8live.com, weather, app, news, saints

Teacher's chemistry error sends 3 to hospital

Fox News Fox News

Los Angeles, CA - Officials say a Los Angeles high school was evacuated and three people were taken to the hospital after a teacher mixed up her acids in a classroom chemistry experiment.

Los Angeles fire spokesman Brian Humphrey says the incident began Monday afternoon when an instructor apparently mistook sulfuric acid for nitric acid at East Valley High School in North Hollywood.

Humphrey says a 16-year-old male student and two women in their 30s were taken to hospitals with minor complaints from chemical exposure.

One of the women was the teacher.

It was unclear who the other woman was. No names were released.

Paramedics examined about a dozen other students from the class, which gathered in the school gym after they evacuated.

The rest of the school's teachers and students left their classrooms and waited out the scare on the football field.

 

Powered by Frankly