Investigators:Terrytown fire started with cigarette in trash - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports

Investigators:Terrytown house fire started with cigarette in trash

Updated:
Smoke comes from beneath the roof of a Terrytown home Smoke comes from beneath the roof of a Terrytown home

Terrytown, La. – Six people escaped from a home that caught fire early Tuesday morning on Appletree Lane in Terrytown.

The Terrytown Volunteer Fire Department responded to the two alarm fire and had it under control in less than an hour.

The four adults and two children inside the house were able to get out without injury.

Investigators believe the fire was started by a cigarette in a trash can.

Powered by WorldNow

Fox 8 WVUE-TV
Louisiana Media Company, LLC.
1025 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125

General Number: (504) 486-6161
News Tips: (504) 483-1503
News Room Fax: (504) 483-1543

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVUE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.