Restaurant sorry for serving booze to child - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports

Restaurant sorry for serving booze to child

Updated:

LONDON (AP) - A restaurant chain has apologized for accidentally serving alcohol to a toddler in Wales, calling it a case of human error.

The BBC reported that 2-year-old Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whiskey at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother said he was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink after noticing that he was making a funny face. At the hospital, the staff monitored his vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.

Frankie and Benny's said Thursday it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident and is looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.

 

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow

Fox 8 WVUE-TV
Louisiana Media Company, LLC.
1025 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125

General Number: (504) 486-6161
News Tips: (504) 483-1503
News Room Fax: (504) 483-1543

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVUE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.