Fire damages Slidell home - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports

Fire damages Slidell home

Updated:
Photo from St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 Photo from St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1
Slidell, La. -

A fire broke out in a home in St. Tammany Parish Thursday, while the owner sleeps.

Fire officials say it happened just after 6:00 a.m. in the 90-block of Chamale Cove West. They say a neighbor woke the owner by repeatedly knocking on the door.

According to officials, it took firefighters from St. Tammany Fire District #1 less than 10 minutes to get it under control.  No injuries were reported.

Officials believe an electrical short near the electric meter started the fire.

Powered by WorldNow

Fox 8 WVUE-TV
Louisiana Media Company, LLC.
1025 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125

General Number: (504) 486-6161
News Tips: (504) 483-1503
News Room Fax: (504) 483-1543

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVUE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
WVUE's Public Inspection File can now be accessed online. To access the online public inspection file click here: https://stations.fcc.gov/station-profile/wvue-dt.