6 lose home to fire in Baton Rouge

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Six people representing three generations of one family have lost their Baton Rouge home to fire.

The Advocate reports that the Friday night blaze was believed to have been ignited by a pot left on a stove. Eldon Ledoux, a fire department spokesman, said Saturday in a news release that when firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof, and eventually burned the kitchen, dining area, den and attic.

The house, located in South Baton Rouge, was damaged by heavy smoke and water.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)