Firemen respond to small fire at Mercedes-Benz Superdome

New Orleans, La.- The New Orleans Fire Department responded to a small fire in the laundry room of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome around noon Sunday.

A spokesman for fire department says the Mercedes-Benz Superdome's sprinkler system extinguished the flames.

The fire was ignited in a dryer on the northeast side of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. No severe damage was reported and fireman replaced the sprinkler heads.

Firefighters determined that dryer malfunction was the cause of the fire. No injuries were reported.