Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Over-the-Top Communications: Threats & Opportunities for Mobile Operators" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Examining the implications that widespread adoption of mobile over-the-top IP communications will have for mobile operators, handset vendors and OTT providers.
Over-the-top (OTT) communications represents the largest threat to mobile operator revenues in the last 10 years. Today, VoIP is capturing an increasing proportion of mobile voice minutes, but in terms of value it is still worth less than 0.5% of overall voice revenues. With regards to messaging, ARCchart expects that instant messages will exceed SMS volumes by 2014 and continue growing rapidly thereafter.
This report examines the implications of widespread adoption of mobile over-the-top IP communications for mobile operators, handset vendors, and the OTT providers themselves, looking at how OTT players have gained a foothold at the expense of the mobile network operators and analysing how the various ecosystem stakeholders are dealing with the new industry dynamics.
Topics of coverage include:
- Historical view of OTT
- The evolving mobile OTT landscape
- Risks to the OTT business model
- Case studies of voice and SMS cannibalisation
- Assessment of current and impending telecoms regulation
- Factors fuelling take-up of OTT services
- Value chain analysis
- Profiles of key OTT players
- Operator strengths and weaknesses
- Assessment of operator strategies - operator decision matrix
- Rich Communications Suite overview
- Market size and forecasts
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following essential questions:
- How much revenue is currently being lost by operators to OTT services?
- Which revenue models are proving effective for OTT providers?
- How might upcoming ITU regulation benefit network operators?
- What proportion of messages will go over-the-top by 2016?
- How much circuit-switched voice will be lost to mobile VoIP?
- Under what circumstances is it better for operators to partner with OTT providers?
- Which handset OEMs have committed to RCS?
- Which regional markets will see the largest number of mobile VoIP users?
- How does increasing smartphone penetration correlate with SMS erosion?
- By 2016, what portion of voice traffic will be mobile VoIP?
- How much do revenues from voice and messaging currently contribute to operator profits?
- Which regional markets will have the greater number of RCS users?
Companies Mentioned in this report include: 139.com, 3 Group, 3 UK, AIM, Aircel, Alcatel, Apple, AT&T, Bandwidth.com, Beluga, BlackBerry Messenger, Cellon, ChatON, China Telecom, China Unicom, CITC, Deutsche Telekom, Du, eBuddy, Ericsson, Etisalat, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, ForgetMeNot, Fring, Google, Google Talk, GSMA, HTC, Huawei, IBM, ICQ, Idea, iMessage, InnerActive, ITU, Jahjah, Jumptap, KakaoTalk, KDDI, Korean Comms. Commission, KPN, KT Corp, LG, LG Uplus, Meego, Microsoft, Miyowa, Mobily, Motorola, Movistar, MSN, Mxit, Nawras, Nedjma Net, Nimbuzz, Nokia, O2, Optimus, Orange, Palringo, Pinger, Procera, PTA, QQ, RIM, Roamtalk, Samsung, Siri, SK Telecom, Skype, Sony, STC, Symbian, Syniverse, Telefonica, Telefonica Colombia, Telenor, TeliaSonera, Telkomsel, Tencent China, T-Mobile, T-Mobile Germany, TRA, Twitter, United Nations, Verizon, Viber, Vivo, Vodafone, Vodafone UK, WATTC, WhatsApp, Windows Live, Windows Phone, Yahoo Messenger, Yoigo, Zain and ZTE
To view a sample of this report, please click here
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nntvxp/overthetop
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.