A four-day sting led by the state's Attorney General's Office lands nine accused child predators in jail. They're accused of creating child pornography and distributing it across the Internet.
The AG's Louisiana Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force used state-of-the-art technology to track down evidence for each person arrested. Investigators say in some cases, they were able to rescue victims during the undercover operation.
"The people we arrested were actually manufacturing, so they were abusing the children as well as videotaping their abuse," said David Ferris with the AG's High Tech Crime Unit.
• John Andrew Becnel, 22, of Gonzales, charged with 20 counts of pornography involving juveniles; booked into Ascension Parish Prison
• Michael Wesley, 57, of Plaquemines, charged with 11 counts of pornography involving juveniles; booked into Iberville Parish Prison
• Bradley Bourque, 32, of Baton Rouge, charged with 25 counts of pornography involving juveniles; booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison
• Jude Stelly, 29, of St. Martinville, charged with 10 counts of possessing pornography involving juveniles; 10 counts of distributing pornography involving juveniles; booked into St. Martin Parish Prison
• Tony J. Latiolais, 46, of Breaux Bridge, charged with indecent behavior with a juvenile and computer-aided solicitation of a minor; booked into St. Martin Parish Prison
• Joshua Villa, 33, of Broussard, charged with aggravated incest; 20 counts of possessing pornography involving juveniles; 9 counts of distributing pornography involving juveniles, 5 counts of producing pornography involving juveniles; booked into Lafayette Parish Prison
• Chad Sonnier, 32, of Church Point, charged with pornography involving juveniles; booked into Acadia Parish Prison
• Lucas Wimberly, 27, of Lake Charles, charged with 10 counts of possession of pornography involving juveniles; 5 counts of distributing pornography involving juveniles; booked into Calcasieu Parish Prison
• Robert Hawes, 58, of Sulphur, charged with 16 counts of pornography involving juveniles; booked into Calcasieu Parish Prison
More arrests are expected as a result of the investigation.
To report suspected cases of child exploitation, contact local law enforcement or the Attorney General's Office at 1-800-256-4506.
FOX 8's Baton Rouge affiliate WBRZ contributed to this report.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 5:09 PM EDT2014-08-27 21:09:04 GMT
Gov. Bobby Jindal planned to file a lawsuit Wednesday against the Obama administration, accusing it of illegally manipulating federal grant money and regulations to force states to adopt the Common Core education...more>>
In a move certain to bolster his national standing with conservatives, Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal sued the Obama administration Wednesday, hoping to strike a blow against the controversial Common Core education standards...more>>
Wednesday, August 27 2014 4:03 PM EDT2014-08-27 20:03:15 GMT
A military aircraft has crashed in a rural area of Augusta County, according to the Augusta County Sheriff's Office. The crash happened around 9 a.m. near Deerfield Valley Road. It is believed to be anmore>>
The search for an Air National Guard pilot continues after an F-15C single-seat aircraft based out of Massachusetts crashed in a rural area of Augusta County Wednesday morning. more>>
Standing versus sitting stretches to promote blood flow: Cat-Cow Stretch (back) Start on all fours on the floor with your back slightly rounded Arch your back, pulling your abdominals up and in, raisingmore>>
Standing versus sitting stretches to promote blood flow.more>>
Trung Le, the only suspect arrested in the deadly Bourbon Street mass shooting on June 29, has pleaded not guilty. Le, now 21, was arrested on July 4 and initially charged with murder and nine countsmore>>
Trung Le, the only suspect arrested in the deadly Bourbon Street mass shooting on June 29, has pleaded not guilty.more>>
The Louisiana Army National Guard is holding an annual anti-terrorism exercise. The exercise began at 5 a.m. Wednesday at the Jackson Barracks on St. Claude Avenue in accordance with the Department ofmore>>
The Louisiana National Guard is training with New Orleans Police and the St. Bernard Parish Sheriff's Office on a multi-agency response to an active shooter.more>>
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. An epic selfie photo shoot A father noticed his daughter was in the midst of an epic photo shoot of her own creation. Hemore>>
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.more>>
Tuesday, August 26 2014 9:27 AM EDT2014-08-26 13:27:00 GMT
A Jackson Prep football player hospitalized following Friday night's game has died. Walker Wilbanks was transported Friday to the hospital during the second half of the school's home football game againstmore>>
Pressler says Walker's death was an "unfortunate freak event" revolving around the balance of sodium and water in the body. He says it had no reflection of being over or underhydrated.
Wednesday, August 27 2014 2:48 AM EDT2014-08-27 06:48:05 GMT
Utah authorities have arrested a 23-year-old woman who they say dumped her newborn baby in a neighbor's trash can.more>>
A Utah woman accused of dumping her day-old baby in a neighbor's trash can told police she was afraid to tell her parents about the pregnancy and hoped the newborn's death would solve her problems, a probable cause...more>>
It was a crime that happened 150 years ago: A set of precious jewels were stolen by Union soldiers from a Louisiana Masonic lodge.more>>
It was a crime that happened 150 years ago: A set of precious jewels were stolen by Union soldiers from a Louisiana Masonic lodge. But in an odd twist, it may have been the best thing that could have happened to the heirlooms.more>>