New Orleans, La. - The state now works to issue refunds to Crescent City Connection toll tag holders now that voters rejected a measure to continue the tolls on the bridge.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) issued some instructions on what toll tag holders need to do to get their money back.
Here's the text of the instructions: "GeauxPass toll tag account holders may close their accounts and, if applicable, be refunded any remaining toll deposit balance. Customers must return the actual toll tag (transponder) in order to qualify for a deposit refund. Customers with the newly issued toll tag stickers do not have to return them.
To close an account, customers must do the following.
· Provide a valid driver's license
· Complete a standard closure form
· Complete a W-9 (Used to validate payee information for auditing purposes and required by law, and the IRS as proof that refund owed and paid to correct individual)
· Provide statement requesting to close account
· Be prepared to wait if requesting a check the same day
· Or, opt to return later for check pick up or have check mailed
Checks can be cut once all documents are submitted and information verified. Customers should be prepared to wait approximately one hour for processing, if requesting a check the same day. Customers may also opt to arrange for a later pick up or have their refund check mailed."