IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - The University of Iowa has the distinction of being the nation's top party school.
The Iowa City school, which for years has tried to curb student binge drinking, tops The Princeton Review's list for the first time. The University of California, Santa Barbara was the runner up.
Iowa has been on the list for nine straight years, and was ranked second last year. At that time, the school dismissed the rankings as unscientific and invalid. It also said recent data showed drinking is on the decline on campus.
The Princeton Review's latest edition of "The Best 378 Colleges" was released Monday. Results are compiled from a survey of 126,000 students.
Brigham Young University is the first on the list of "stone-cold sober schools."
TOP 20 PARTY SCHOOLS
1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
2. University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown W. Va.
5. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
6. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
7. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
9. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
10. Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
11. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
12. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
13. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
14. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
15. University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
16. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
17. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
18. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of Oregon, Eugene, Ore.