Space heater cause of morning 2-alarm fire - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports

Space heater cause of morning 2-alarm fire


New Orleans, La. - A space heater was the cause of a 2-alarm fire Thursday morning, according to the New Orleans Fire Department.

The fire started around 10am at 1009 Touro Street. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the home, protecting the houses on either side.

Neighbors were able to help an elderly female get out of the home.

No injuries were reported.  

Powered by WorldNow

Louisiana Media Company, LLC.
1025 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125

General Number: (504) 486-6161
News Tips: (504) 483-1503
News Room Fax: (504) 483-1543

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVUE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
WVUE's Public Inspection File can now be accessed online. To access the online public inspection file click here: