Man dies in mobile-home fire likely caused by cigarette - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Man dies in mobile-home fire likely caused by cigarette

Slidell, La. – A mobile home fire claimed a man's life in Slidell Saturday.

At about 4:30 p.m. the St. Tammany Fire District #1 received a report of a fire at 37432 E. Hillcrest Dr. with a someone potentially trapped inside. Firefighters arrived on the scene less than four minutes after the call and were told by one of the people who lived in the house that their roommate was still inside.

Firefighters tried to rescue the man immediately, but the man was already dead. The fire was put out in about eight minutes.

The 720 square foot mobile home suffered heavy fire damage to one bedroom.  The remainder of the home suffered heavy smoke and heat damage.

Investigators believe the fire started from a cigarette.  The victim's name is not being released until the next of kin can be notified.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    more>>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    more>>
Powered by Frankly