Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Range Networks
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Range Networks, the leading provider of commercial open source cellular systems and leader of the OpenBTS software project, today announced the expansion of its senior executive team with industry veterans in key engineering, product, sales and marketing positions to scale operations and meet customer demand.
- Following the recent appointment of Ed Kozel as CEO, Range Networks has appointed a quartet of executives with nearly 90 years of combined experience managing mobile and networking technology and scaling start-ups. Pedro Rump joins as vice president of engineering, Bob Fultz as vice president of products, Bobbi Frioli as vice president of sales and John Callon as director of marketing.
- Pedro Rump, vice president of engineering – Rump began his 30-year career at ROLM Corporation and has served as VP of engineering at four early stage cellular equipment and IP telephony companies, most recently as senior vice president of engineering and operations at ShoreTel. During his eight-year tenure at ShoreTel, which spanned the company's IPO, he was responsible for the tactical planning and execution of a complete VoIP UC product line and successfully scaled the organization's engineering department from 40 to 300 engineers. An expert in IP telephony and wireless networking, his experience in scaling engineering organizations from start-up to maturity will enhance Range Networks' efforts in the development and delivery of its core product line.
- Bob Fultz, vice president of products – A former VP of engineering at Aeris Communications and VP of strategic partnerships at GoBeam from its start through acquisition by Covad Communications, Fultz has spent over 20 years in strategic engineering and market-facing roles in telecommunications, and is considered an expert in managing the product roadmap and releasing products in fast-paced growth-oriented companies. He will lead product management and guide product strategy as Range Networks matures and expands its product portfolio.
- Bobbi Frioli, vice president of sales – Frioli brings to Range 20 years experience building sales organizations at early-stage technology firms, having served as VP of sales or strategic alliances at five prior companies, four of which were successfully acquired. Most recently, she was vice president of global sales at Xora, Inc., where she established a reputation for delivering organizational growth and outstanding financial results. Frioli will be responsible for worldwide sales as the company continues its expansion into new markets.
- John Callon, director of marketing & business development – Callon brings nearly 20 years of international experience in marketing, product marketing and go-to-market business development at telecom and IP communications start-ups, playing key roles in the global service launch at mobile carrier Globalstar and subsequently founding and leading CloudMeeting, the multiparty videoconferencing service. Callon most recently worked at QMC Telecom, a successful Brazilian mobile infrastructure start-up backed by U.S. private equity investors where he was managing director and oversaw marketing and sales to global carriers.
Edward Kozel, CEO of Range Networks, said: "We're extremely pleased to welcome these distinguished industry veterans to the Range Networks' team. Increasing our bench strength with talented and experienced individuals like Pedro, Bob, Bobbi and John, will further the company's success in advancing the future of cellular networks."
About Range Networks
Range Networks is promoting and developing the future of cellular networks. Founded by the inventors of OpenBTS, the company is the leader in commercial open source cellular systems. Range Networks' systems are simple to deploy and manage at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Based on open standards, Range Networks delivers mobile connectivity to rural communities, remote industries and emergency responders. Additional information is available at: www.rangenetworks.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.