MARRERO, LA (WVUE) - A 19-year-old man wanted for a deadly shooting in Marrero has turned himself in, police say.
Joharri Walker, 19, surrendered to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office on Thursday. He was booked with one count of second degree murder.
On Wednesday, police named Walker as a suspect in the deadly shooting of 16-year-old Stefan Johnson. Officers say Johnson was pronounced dead around 4:30 p.m. after being shot in the 1100 block of Martin Drive.
Police say Walker has an extensive prior criminal history, including:
- multiple arrests for second degree murder
- illegal possession of marijuana
- battery of a police officer
- resisting arrest by violence
- criminal damage
- theft of goods
- criminal trespassing
- illegal carrying of a weapon
- aggravated assault with a firearm
- illegal use of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance with violence
- illegal use of a weapon