New Orleans Police are investigating two overnight shootings. In the wake of these shootings and similar violence across the city, New Orleans police officers will take to the streets Wednesday night as part of a citywide anti-crime walk.
The first shooting happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday night in the 6000 block of Music Street near Elysian Fields and Robert E. Lee.
Officers say one man was shot in the shoulder at the scene. His name and condition is unknown at this time.
A second shooting was reported around 2:15 a.m. in the 2000 block of Pauger Street.
Officers say that Wesley Pipkins, 19, was found shot to death. Officers say Pipkins was pronounced dead at the scene.
In the wake of the shootings and similar violence across the city of New Orleans, officers will walk through their neighborhoods Wednesday night as part of a citywide anti-crime walk. The walks begin at 6 p.m. and will take place in all eight police districts.
The walks will take place at the following locations:
- First District: Starts at D' Hemecourt and S. Pierce proceeds down D'Hemecourt to S. Cortez (2 blocks), turn right on S. Cortez, down S. Cortez to Ulloa (1 block), turn right on Ulloa, down Ulloa to S. Scott (1 block), turn right on S. Scott, down S. Scott to Banks (3 blocks), turn left on Banks, down Banks to S. Pierce (1 block) turn left on S. Pierce, down S. Pierce to Ulloa (3 blocks).
- Second District: Second District Anti-Crime Walk is starting and ending at Edinburgh and Eagle St. (St. Peter Methodist Church) On Eagle to Oleander St., Oleander to Gen. Ogden St., Gen. Ogden to Olive St., Olive to Hamilton St., Hamilton to Palm St., Palm to Hollygrove St., Hollygrove to Edinburgh St., Edinburgh to Eagle St.
- Third District: Starts at St. Patrick Playground (S. St. Patrick St. @ Baudin St.) Lakebound on Baudin St. to S. Bernadotte St. right on S. Bernadotte St. to Banks St. right on Banks St. to S. Alexander St. right on S. Alexander St. to Baudin St. right on Baudin St. to S. St. Patrick St. End: St Patrick Playground.
- Fourth District: The walk will begin behind the levee in the 200 block of Morgan Street. The walk will take place with the Wednesday On the Point Activities.
- Fifth District: The walk will start at the intersection of Mandeville and North Derbigny between 5:50-5:55 p.m. and begin the walk at 6:00 p.m. They will proceed in an eastbound direction on North Derbigny to St. Roch. Once at St. Roch they will head in a lakebound direction to North Miro, then head in an uptown direction on North Miro to Marigny. They will then head on Marigny back to North Derbigny and then one block over to Mandeville and disband.
- Sixth District: The walk will start at the location of Foucher and South Saratoga. The walks will go up Foucher to Dryades then a left on Dryades to Milan, from Milan and Dryades, to Milan and South Saratoga Street, from South Saratoga and Milan to Foucher and South Saratoga.
- Seventh District: Officers and community members will meet at the corner of Buffalo and Curran at 5:45pm. The walk will proceed from Buffalo to Bass, Bass to Sail, Sail to Sand, Sand to Surf, Surf to Star, Star to Curran, and Curran back to Buffalo.
- Eighth District: We will begin at Chartres and Marigny, proceed on Chartres to St. Roch, to Royal, to Mandeville, to Burgundy, ending at Elysian Fields and Burgundy.
Officers will walk throughout the community handing out Crimestoppers flyers and interacting with residents in the community.
Anyone with information on the shootings is asked to contact Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.