Basil Mozzarella Meatball Stix from Chateau Golf and Country Club
- Fresh Zucchini cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/2" diced fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil leaves, torn to size
- Fresh Grape Tomatoes, small Cherry Tomatoes, or Yellow Pear Tomatoes
- Preferred number of Cocktail size meatballs browned in the oven
- Same amount your favorite Tomato or Marinara Sauce, cooked meatballs added
Using small 4" bamboo skewers, pass a skewer through a piece of Zucchini followed by a cube of Mozzarella cheese. Add a fresh basil leaf and then a grape tomato, leaving enough room on that end to hold a cocktail meatball.
Skewers can be made to this point, and refrigerated until ready to use. Suggestion is to put them decoratively on your tray so they are ready to go.
After cooking and browning meatballs in the oven, add them to your tomato sauce and keep warm.
Place meatballs and sauce in a Fondue or other type warmer. The tray or plate of prepared skewers can be set next to that.
To add another element or two, try putting some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on the table as well, some fresh chopped Basil leaves, or even some garlic cloves roasted in Olive Oil.