LAPLACE, LA (WVUE) - A month after a potentially deadly amoeba was found in the St. John Parish public water system, a resident is suing the parish administration. The legal action opens up the possibility of a class action suit.
Petition for damages documents filed last night with the parish's clerk of court claim the parish was negligent and at fault for not providing enough chlorine in the system to kill the deadly organism.
The suit claims residents have suffered emotional stress and have bought bottled water out of fear.
Becnel Law firm out of Reserve, LA is representing the residents in this case.