Man using stove to warm home, suffers burn injuries - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Man using stove to warm home, suffers burn injuries

New Orleans Fire Fighters responded to a small fire that injured a 78-year-old man and his 28-year-old grandson. The incident occurred Tuesday at 7:39 a.m. at a home in the 2800 block of Josephine Street.

Fire officials say that the elderly man was attempting to warm up in front of his stove when his robe that he was wearing caught on fire. The man screamed for help and was assisted by his grandson who was able to get the robe off of his grandfather and put the fire out.

Both suffered burn injuries as a result of the incident. The elderly man suffered second-degree burns to the front and right side of his body. His grandson received first-degree burns to both his left forearm and hand. The men were transported to a local hospital for treatment.

A total of four NOFD units and sixteen firefighters responded to the fire which was listed as "out on arrival".

Copyright 2014 WVUE. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • breaking

    Teacher accused of bringing students home for sex

    Teacher accused of bringing students home for sex

    Wednesday, September 20 2017 4:24 PM EDT2017-09-20 20:24:41 GMT
    Wednesday, September 20 2017 5:20 PM EDT2017-09-20 21:20:20 GMT
    Jessie Lorene Goline (Source: Craighead Co. Sheriff's Office)Jessie Lorene Goline (Source: Craighead Co. Sheriff's Office)

    Arkansas State Police say a former Marked Tree teacher brought several students to her home in Jonesboro for sex, including two in the same night.

    more>>

    Arkansas State Police say a former Marked Tree teacher brought several students to her home in Jonesboro for sex, including two in the same night.

    more>>
  • Young girl hospitalized by 105 mph foul at Yankee Stadium

    Young girl hospitalized by 105 mph foul at Yankee Stadium

    Wednesday, September 20 2017 5:46 PM EDT2017-09-20 21:46:33 GMT
    Thursday, September 21 2017 2:37 AM EDT2017-09-21 06:37:50 GMT

    A young girl at Yankee Stadium was injured by a foul ball off the bat of Todd Frazier during a game against Minnesota, leading some New York players to call for protective netting to be extended.

    more>>

    A young girl at Yankee Stadium was injured by a foul ball off the bat of Todd Frazier during a game against Minnesota, leading some New York players to call for protective netting to be extended.

    more>>
Powered by Frankly