Fire department: Space heater sparks mobile home fire - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Fire department: Space heater sparks mobile home fire

PEARL RIVER, LA (WVUE) -

The American Red Cross is helping the victims of a mobile home fire in Pearl River.

St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 11 and St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 1 responded to a report of a structural fire Tuesday at about 9 a.m. after someone called 911 to report smoke pouring out of a mobile home.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from several windows in the home. Firefighters say the fire was in the center bedroom and the hallway of the home. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within a few minutes, however, the home was severely damaged.

Fire officials say at this time, they believe a space heater left on near clothing or other flammable materials started the fire. The residents were not home at the time.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly