ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH, LA (WVUE) - Seven individuals have been arrested for firearm violations after officers discovered several guns, including a stolen shotgun, stashed inside of two vehicles.
On January 21, deputies from the St. John Parish Sheriff's Office responded to reports of shots fired in the Reserve area. Officers responded to the 200 block of Chad B. Baker Street. A caller told police that two vehicles, a white Durango and a gray Charger, were seen speeding down the street towards Highway LA 44.
Deputies say a responding unit saw vehicles matching the description of the vehicles and followed them east on Airline Highway to the Belle Pointe Subdivision where the vehicles went two different directions. One patrol unit conducted an investigative stop on the Durango on Airline Highway at East St. John High School, and another patrol unit conducted an stop on the Charger on Airline Highway at Rue De Sante.
Deputies say they detained four male subjects from the Durango and recovered a handgun from the rear passenger seat.
Authorities also detained five male subjects from the Charger and recovered four firearms; two handguns, a rifle and a shotgun. The shotgun was reported as stolen from New Orleans
During the interview process, detectives say the subjects gave conflicting stories about why they were on Chad B. Baker Street. Detectives also say they recovered dark colored ski masks and gloves from both vehicles.
Based on the findings of the investigation, detectives arrested seven suspects and booked them accordingly:
- Adrian Mosley, 17, of New Orleans: Illegal possession of a stolen firearm; $50,000 bond
- Travis Brown, 33, of New Orleans: Illegal possession of a stolen firearm; $50,000 bond
- Jamir Montegut, 20, of New Orleans: Illegal possession of a stolen firearm and illegal possession of an unregistered firearm; $80,000 bond
- Devanta Powell, 21, of Chalmette: Illegal use of a firearm; $50,000 bond
- James Fox, 19, of New Orleans: Illegal possession of a stolen firearm; $50,000 bond
- Charles White, 23, of Kenner: Illegal use of a firearm; $50,000 bond
- Alvon Jones, 20, of Metairie: Illegal use of a firearm; $50,000 bond
The investigation is ongoing, and detectives anticipate additional charges are forthcoming pending further investigation.