NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - A New Orleans man accused in seven armed robberies now faces even more charges.
New Orleans Police booked 31-year-old Sidney Williams with two additional armed robberies and one attempted armed robbery at a business last year.
The latest charges stem from armed robberies that happened on Sept. 21, 2014, at Hungry Howies on Earhart Boulevard; and on Oct. 3, 2014, at the Magnolia Discount Market on South Claiborne Avenue.
In addition, detectives connected Williams to an attempted armed robbery on Sept. 18, 2014, at the Brother's Food Mart on South Jeff Davis Parkway.
"Sidney Williams has a long history of dealing with us. Second District detectives arrested him for armed robbery in 2012. He has a long history of being on and off parole. He has been arrested for problems of violence and narcotics violations," said Second District Commander Paul Noel in an interview with FOX 8 last week.
Officers arrested Williams last week at his home on General Taylor Street. They say he committed 7 armed robberies in a span of three weeks.
The NOPD says at least 10 armed robbers were jail in the past two weeks. They credit the Special Operations Division Uptown for the success.