Louisiana Bouillabaisse with Seafood & Andouille Sausage
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup diced chicken Andouille sausage
* 3 cloves smashed fresh garlic
* 1 bay leaf
* 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied-tail on
* 1 filet of drum, skin off, cut into 6 pieces
* 6 crab fingers
* 4 oz Jumbo lump crab meat
* Creole seasoning to taste
* 1 large diced Creole tomato
* 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
In a large braising pot, bring to medium/high heat; add olive oil and Andouille sausages and sauté until halfway caramelized. Add smashed garlic, bay leaf and sauté until garlic fragrance is released.
Season all seafood with creole seasoning; add seafood and sauté until seafood is partially cooked, 3-5 minutes.
Add gumbo file (made in advance),and let seafood simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust broth flavor to desired taste with Creole seasoning
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* ½ yellow diced onions
* 2 diced celery ribs
* ½ large green bell pepper, diced
* 1 bay leaf
* 4 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
* 1 tablespoon gumbo file
In a medium braising pot, bring heat to medium/high, add olive oil and vegetables, sauté until soft for 3-5 minuets.
Add bay leaf, chicken stock and gumbo file. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, adjust flavor with kosher salt and black pepper. Remove and set aside