SLIDELL, LA (WVUE) - It wasn't your "normal" emergency call.
On Sunday at about 7:18 p.m., St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to a call of a duck trapped in a fireplace at a home in the Eagle Lake subdivision in Slidell.
When firefighters arrived, they discovered a large duck with its head poking out of the bottom of the chimney.
Part of the fireplace had to be dismantled in order to reach the duck, and it took just over two hours to safely remove him – or her.
A Fire District #1 spokesman said the unit responds to several public service calls such as these each year. He said firefighters "are always eager to help and enjoy giving back to the community."