3rd parent alleges sexual assault on JP school bus - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

3rd parent alleges sexual assault on JP school bus

Third parent comes forward, school says there's "no new information." (FOX 8 Photo) Third parent comes forward, school says there's "no new information." (FOX 8 Photo)
MARRERO, LA (WVUE) - On the second day into a sexual assault investigation involving Estelle Elementary students, a third parent has come forward.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's office confirms the parent complained to them that a 13-year-old boy made her young son touch him inappropriately on the bus in Marrero.

The mom did not want to talk on camera, but she did say she will meet with the district attorney's office next week to possibly pursue criminal charges against the boy.

The 13-year-old boy is also accused of sexually assaulting two young girls, ages 5 and 6, on the same bus. The parents of the one of the girls involved said they will also pursue charges.

Parents and students say the 13-year-old boy did not attend school on Friday.

Jefferson Parish School System administrators would not say if the boy had been disciplined or taken off the bus pending the outcome of the Sheriff's Office investigation.

On Friday, Estelle Elementary sent home a letter to parents saying that the school took quick action once it received the initial complaint.

First Student is contracted to run the parish's bus routes. The company says the bus driver has been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.

Jefferson Parish Schools say the driver will not drive for the parish again.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly