NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The Saints and Cam Jordan have agreed on a five year extension worth a reported $60 million.
Jordan was selected in the first round of 2011 draft. For his career, Jordan has registered 29.5 sacks and made the Pro Bowl in 2013.
"I'm excited about this opportunity," Jordan said. "I would like to thank Mr. Benson, the entire organization, my teammates and coaches and the New Orleans Saints fans for their support the last four years. New Orleans has become my home and I look forward to continue making an impact both on and off the field for a long time here. Now we can put our focus on the most important thing, which is working hard day in and day out towards our ultimate goal of a championship."
He becomes the second first-round pick of the Payton era to sign his second contract with the Saints. Ingram was first earlier this offseason.
"Since his arrival, Cameron has progressed into one of the core players on our team both on and off the field. He's had a great start to his career here and we're excited about him being one of the mainstays to our defense moving forward," said Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis.
Jordan tweeted his excitement on Tuesday:
"Way up!I feel blessed!Honestly couldn be more excited to be apart of WHODATNATION for the foreseeable future #whodat"