Man rips wedding ring off woman's finger in Broadmoor armed robb - FOX 8, WVUE, fox8live.com, weather, app, news, saints

Man rips wedding ring off woman's finger in Broadmoor armed robbery

The victim said at some point, the gunman noticed her diamond wedding ring and started to grab for it. The victim said at some point, the gunman noticed her diamond wedding ring and started to grab for it.
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -

“My mother-in-law and I came home from Whole Foods at 9 o'clock, and I was walking up the sidewalk to my home when I saw a man out of the side of my vision,” the victim said.

FOX 8 is not identifying the woman. She said on Monday night in the 3500 block of Nashville Avenue, a man with a bandanna covering his face walked up to her and pulled out a gun.

“He told me to give him everything. I realized he had a gun. I tried telling him I don't have anything,” the victim said.

“I wasn't resisting. The way he was pulling at it, though, it wasn't coming off,” she said.

While all of this was going on, the victim's mother-in-law was standing next to her. Her husband heard the commotion and he came outside.

“When my husband came out, he was holding on to me and pointing the gun at my husband. He told him to go back into the house and shut up. My mother-in-law was trying to empty her purse and give it to him, but at that point, he had already seen the rings on my finger,” the victim said.

After a short struggle, the victim says the gunman ripped off her wedding ring and ran.

“My finger is bruised. It's swollen. You can tell that it was a struggle to get it off,” she said.

The victim's father-in-law calls it a sad situation and wonders how she'll recover.

“She's a sweet, lovable, beautiful young lady. This city has put a stain on her,” he said.

Anyone with information that can help police is asked to call Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

'Austin Powers' star Verne Troyer dies at age 49

Saturday, April 21 2018 4:51 PM EDT2018-04-21 20:51:28 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:03 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:03:39 GMT

Verne Troyer, an actor famous for his role as Mini-Me in the "Austin Powers" trilogy, has passed away.

more>>

more>>

Delta passenger fined $500 for apple

Saturday, April 21 2018 1:01 PM EDT2018-04-21 17:01:03 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:45 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:45:42 GMT
    adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)adlock's healthy snack turned into a tough reality to stomach. (Source: KDVR/CNN)

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

more>>

Crystal Tadlock is not happy about the fine she said

more>>

Barbara Bush was 'first lady of the greatest generation'

Saturday, April 21 2018 12:04 AM EDT2018-04-21 04:04:04 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 7:19 PM EDT2018-04-21 23:19:00 GMT
    (AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Mourners pause as former U.S. first lady Barbara Bush lies in repose during the visitation of former first lady Barbara Bush at St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Friday, April 20, 2018, in Houston.(AP Photo/Evan Vucci). Mourners pause as former U.S. first lady Barbara Bush lies in repose during the visitation of former first lady Barbara Bush at St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Friday, April 20, 2018, in Houston.

As the outpouring of tributes continues for Barbara Bush, the general public can pay its respects to the former first lady.

more>>