Blighted New Orleans East hotel goes up for auction - FOX 8, WVUE, fox8live.com, weather, app, news, saints

Blighted New Orleans East hotel goes up for auction

The Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office will hold the sale of the former Holiday Inn, located at 6324 Chef Menteur Highway. (Source: Google map) The Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office will hold the sale of the former Holiday Inn, located at 6324 Chef Menteur Highway. (Source: Google map)
NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) -

A blighted New Orleans East hotel goes up for auction Thursday. 

After years of neglect, the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office will hold the sale of the former Holiday Inn, located at 6324 Chef Menteur Highway.

According to a press release, sale proceeds will first pay the sales costs and the amount owed to the City of New Orleans, and then any other recorded valid liens to third parties. Any remaining funds will go to the original property owners.

Auctions are open to the public and anyone can bid. The winning bidder must have at least 10 percent of the purchase price with them at the time of the auction. The remaining 90 percent is due within 30 days.

The auction takes place at noon on the first floor of the Civil District Courthouse on Loyola Avenue.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly