Mandeville man convicted of beating girl, forcing her to watch s - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Mandeville man convicted of beating girl, forcing her to watch sex acts

40-year-old Paul Lambert (Source: St. Tammany DA) 40-year-old Paul Lambert (Source: St. Tammany DA)
ST. TAMMANY PARISH, LA (WVUE) -

A St. Tammany Parish jury on Thursday found a Mandeville man guilty of molesting and physically abusing a girl who was 10 years old when the incidents occurred in 2005.

Forty-year-old Paul Lambert, who had been out on bond since shortly after his 2008 arrest, was taken into custody after the verdict. Lambert faces up to 15 years on the molestation of a juvenile charge and up 10 years for cruelty to a juvenile. He will be sentenced Nov. 30 by District Judge William J. Burris.

The victim, now 20, testified that between April 2005 and February 2006, Lambert beat her with a belt, put a knife to her throat, and forced her to watch him engage in sex with her mother. Lambert also periodically grabbed genital area with his cupped hand, while claiming he was conducting a “cup check.” The mother, who also testified during the trial, corroborated her daughter’s testimony and said she was terrified of Lambert because he beat her, too.

"The defense is asking you to consider his freedom,” Assistant District Attorney William Macke said during his closing argument. “What they don't want to talk about is the victim's freedom that was lost 10 years ago. The freedom to grow up to be a normal adult that was stolen from her when he beat her, molested her, and forced her to watch him have sex with her mother." 

Lt. Rachel Smith of the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office investigated the case, along with the Department of Children & Family Services. A warrant was first issued for Lambert’s arrest July 27, 2006, and he turned himself in on Jan. 11, 2008. The case had been continued for years, primarily due to requests by defense attorneys.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • St. Jude Dream Home tickets almost sold out

    St. Jude Dream Home tickets almost sold out

    Now is the time to reserve your $100 raffle ticket for this year's St. Jude Dream Home being built in Lakeview. 

    more>>

    Now is the time to reserve your $100 raffle ticket for this year's St. Jude Dream Home being built in Lakeview. 

    more>>
  • Jonathan Vilma and Carl Nicks headline the Saints HOF 2017 class

    Jonathan Vilma and Carl Nicks headline the Saints HOF 2017 class

    Vilma helped the Saints win the 2009 Super Bowl. (Photo by Ted Jackson, Nola.com / The Times-Picayune) (Ted Jackson, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)Vilma helped the Saints win the 2009 Super Bowl. (Photo by Ted Jackson, Nola.com / The Times-Picayune) (Ted Jackson, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

    The Saints Hall of Fame today announced two new member for 2017, guard Carl Nicks and linebacker Jonathan Vilma.  Both were vital pieces to the Saints 2009 Super Bowl championship. Vilma, the defensive captain, amassed 130 tackles in '09, and a career-high three interceptions. Vilma played six season in the Black and Gold. Nicks started all 19 games in the 2009 season. He made his first Pro Bowl in 2010. Both will be formally inducted the weekend of the Bears game, October 27-2...

    more>>

    The Saints Hall of Fame today announced two new member for 2017, guard Carl Nicks and linebacker Jonathan Vilma.  Both were vital pieces to the Saints 2009 Super Bowl championship. Vilma, the defensive captain, amassed 130 tackles in '09, and a career-high three interceptions. Vilma played six season in the Black and Gold. Nicks started all 19 games in the 2009 season. He made his first Pro Bowl in 2010. Both will be formally inducted the weekend of the Bears game, October 27-2...

    more>>
  • Former N.O. FBI special agent: Bomber probably had help in Manchester

    Former N.O. FBI special agent: Bomber probably had help in Manchester

    A former FBI special agent says the attacker probably did not make the bomb. (FOX 8)A former FBI special agent says the attacker probably did not make the bomb. (FOX 8)
    Former New Orleans FBI Special Agent in Charge Jim Bernazanni said the Manchester bomber likely had help. He said while past attacks may have come from self-inspired, lone-wolf type terrorist. He thinks the bomber had to have help. Bernazanni pointed to the sophistication of the bomb. It indicates an expert likely built it and then passed it off to the suicide bomber. “Bomb makers for terrorist organizations are valued commodity. They don't blow themselves up, there's only so...more>>
    Former New Orleans FBI Special Agent in Charge Jim Bernazanni said the Manchester bomber likely had help. He said while past attacks may have come from self-inspired, lone-wolf type terrorist. He thinks the bomber had to have help. Bernazanni pointed to the sophistication of the bomb. It indicates an expert likely built it and then passed it off to the suicide bomber. “Bomb makers for terrorist organizations are valued commodity. They don't blow themselves up, there's only so...more>>
Powered by Frankly