NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - Rulings have been issued to six French Quarter clubs that were suspended during an undercover operation by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.
Lipstixx, Temptations, Centerfolds, The Mansion on Bourbon, Bourbon Cowboy, and The Swamp on Bourbon were all cited after Operation Trick or Treat for drug sales and prostitution. The clubs have reached consent agreements with the ATC, and are required to do the following:
- Hire an outside security firm, approved by ATC, for additional security
- Serve one year of probation
- Conduct “mystery shopping” by a third party company at least twice a month and report the results to ATC
- Install a high-quality camera system and make recordings available to ATC for inspection.
- Fire all employees identified as a result of Operation Trick or Treat
- Require that all servers and security personnel are licensed with the Louisiana Responsible Vendor Program
- Self-report to ATC any violations of alcohol or tobacco laws and immediately fire employees or independent contractors who cause the violation.
- Participate in Club Operators Against Sex Trafficking (COAST)
The following fines were assessed:
- Lipstixx, $11,500
- Temptations $6,000
- Centerfolds, $10,000
- The Mansion on Bourbon, $12,500
- Bourbon Cowboy, $3,000
- The Swamp on Bourbon, $3,000
"ATC hopes that this ruling sends a strong message that we are serious in doing our part to help protect the French Quarter so that it can remain a strong, economic engine for New Orleans and the entire state," ATC Commissioner Troy Hebert said.