NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - St. Augustine High School was evacuated Wednesday morning after a gas leak was detected near the band rehearsal hall. All students and staff were forced to leave the building. Classes will resume Thursday after Entergy gave the "all clear."
There were no injuries.
Entergy, along with the New Orleans Fire Department and the New Orleans Police Department responded to the scene. Parents were alerted via the school's emergency text messaging system.
Students and staff were instructed to move to the back of the school's yard as a safety precaution as parents arrived to pick up their children.