NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - In its 29th year, with hundreds of thousands of dazzling lights and breathtaking displays, Celebration in the Oaks in New Orleans City Park is an annual holiday tradition for families in the Crescent City and across the country. The event uses LED lights in 99% of the installations and trees.
"Celebration in the Oaks is a wonderful display that people come from all over to enjoy," says John Hopper, Chief Development Officer and Public Affairs Director. "These new exhibits are an example of the creativity our team has with lights and engineering. They always pleasantly surprise me!"
City Park's famous oaks are swathed in hundreds of thousands of lights and breathtaking light displays are placed throughout 25 acres of the Park. While there are many traditional displays like the Who Dat tree, Mr. Bingle, and the Cajun Night before Christmas, there are also many new wonders this year.
New for the 2015 season:
- Expanded displays on the 2 mile long mini train route
- Expanded items on the “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” display
- Time for Turtles
- Prancing Peacocks (They are gorgeous!!)
- Two 16’ tall Reindeers
- Penguins and an Igloo
- The Fleur de Lis tree at the front of the Oscar J. Tolmas Center
- Dripping Snow Tree
- Holiday Mini Train
- Santa Gator
- Cajun Night Before Christmas
- Who Dat Tree
- Historic Train Garden
- Breathtaking Poinsettia tree in the Conservatory
- Mister Bingle
Beloved displays are back again this year:
- ‘Irish’ you Happy Holidays
- Ben Franklin and the Key-Kite-Lightening scene
- Mister Bingle flying on a Magic Carpet
- Jackson Square in lights (we’re building a whole French Quarter neighborhood little by little over the next few years!)
- The floating Pirate Ship and Mermaid
- Flamingo Island
- Loch Ness Bayou Metairie Monster
- Buggin’ Out in the Shade Garden
- Victoria the Unicorn
- Sea-Labration exhibit with a huge moving Gulf Oyster
- “Aliens Visit Planet Celebration”
- A kicker and referee under the Who Dat tree
- A huge waving Santa with a bag full of gifts
- Seymour the Pelican
- Dinosaur Land
- Bubble-lights in the Anseman Oak Tree
New Orleans Botanical Garden, Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, and Storyland
- The 2015-2016 season: November 27 - January 2
- Closed: 11/30 thru 12/3; 12/24 and 12/31
- Sunday - Thursday: 6pm -10pm Friday & Saturday: 6pm -11pm
- OPEN Christmas night!
- Tickets: $8/person
- Children under 3 and Friends of City Park: Free
- Train Ride: $5
- Amusement Park Rides: $4/single ride ticket (excludes train)
- $18/unlimited ride band (includes train)
- Purchase tickets on CelebrationInTheOaks.com or at the ticket trailers at the event.
To for more event details or to purchase Celebration the Oaks tickets, visit CelebrationInTheOaks.com or call (504) 483-9415. Please be sure to print tickets and bring them to the event to be presented at the admission gate.