Fire displaces 2 families Uptown

Fire displaces 2 families Uptown

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Roofing equipment sparked a fire in the attic of an Uptown home just off Magazine Street Sunday afternoon.

According to the New Orleans Fire Department, the two-alarm fire started just after 1 p.m. in the 3900 block of Camp Street. Construction work was being performed on the residence's roof when a spark started a fire in the attic.

Two families were displaced by the blaze according to NOFD Chief Tim McConnell. No one was harmed by the fire.

Copyright 2015 WVUE. All rights reserved.