NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - New Orleans police said Monday that they have pieced together surveillance video to map the route a hit-and-run driver took from the French Quarter to the west bank - all while dragging a man's body under the car.
Investigators said the driver of a black, four-door sedan hit 28-year-old Josh Woodruff around 3 a.m. on New Year's Day at the intersection of Dumaine and Decatur streets.
Police said the driver went:
- Right on Chartres Street to Ursulines Avenue
- Left on Ursulines to Burgundy Street
- Right on Burgundy to Barracks Street
- Right on Rampart Street to Esplanade Avenue
- Left on Esplanade to N. Claiborne Avenue
- Left on N. Claiborne to Orleans Avenue
- Enter Interstate 10, proceed to U.S. 90 and across the bridge
Woodruff's body was found near the Gen. Degaulle exit about 30 minutes after he was hit. Police are still looking for the driver.
They think the car may have been a Toyota Camry with dark tinted windows. Investigators have contacted body shops in the area asking workers to call police if a similar vehicle comes in with damage.
If you can help with the investigation, call Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.