NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The man who led Louisiana State Police on a chase along the interstate that ended in Gentilly is out of the hospital and in jail.
Demetrice J. Daniels, 29, of New Orleans was booked into Orleans Parish Prison on several charges in connection with the early Wednesday morning incident.
The charges against Daniels include:
- Aggravated Flight from an Officer
- Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Aggravated Assault with a Motor Vehicle upon a Peace Officer (3 counts)
- Criminal Damage to Property
- Violation of a Protective Order (Filed by female passenger, girlfriend)
- Operating a Vehicle with a Switched License Plate
- Operating a Vehicle with a Suspended License
Daniels has been released from University Medical Center and booked into the Orleans Parish Prison