Convicted sex offender accused of child rape in Kenner - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Convicted sex offender accused of child rape in Kenner

Carlos Alberto Montero Sr., 52 (Source: Kenner PD) Carlos Alberto Montero Sr., 52 (Source: Kenner PD)
KENNER, LA (WVUE) -

A convicted sex offender was arrested Wednesday for sex crimes against children and for failing to register as an offender after moving to Kenner, according to Kenner Police.

Carlos Alberto Montero Sr., 52, faces two counts of first-degree rape, sexual battery, indecent behavior with a juvenile and failure to register as a sex offender. 

On Tuesday, the Kenner Police Department received a sexual assault complaint against Montero. Detectives met with three children, two girls and a boy, who said that Montero had molested them when they were between the ages of 6 and 13, according to police. The sex acts included oral sex, Montero masturbating in front of the children and forcing the children to touch him.    

Montero was convicted in 2002 of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile and in 2006 and 2010 for failing to register as a sex offender. Police said Montero has been living in the 1900 block of Kentucky Avenue for one month. Registry rules require Montero to complete a change of address within three days of moving. Current registry records show Montero is registered at a Gretna address. 

At the time of publication, Montero remained jailed on a $ 1.6 million bond.   

Detective Peter Foltz in charge of the investigation. Crime tips can be submitted through the Kenner Police Department mobile app. The department also maintains a Facebook page and Twitter account.      

Copyright 2016 WVUE. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • On top of other serious problems, S&WB faces staffing shortages

    On top of other serious problems, S&WB faces staffing shortages

    On top of all the other problems, the Orleans Sewerage and Water Board is dealing with a manpower problem. There  are nearly 300 vacancies and a board that may not be able to conduct its business.

    more>>

    On top of all the other problems, the Orleans Sewerage and Water Board is dealing with a manpower problem. There  are nearly 300 vacancies and a board that may not be able to conduct its business.

    more>>
  • No Breaux, next man up at cornerback for the Saints

    Williams knows all too well about injuries taking away playing time. Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-PicayuneWilliams knows all too well about injuries taking away playing time. Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    With Delvin Breaux out for six weeks, one of the Saints motto's comes into play, next man up. "For all of us. We all have to step it up a notch. Because he's a big part of our defense. We can all play. We need to step it up for him, and also for the defense, to make sure we win games," said cornerback P.J. Williams. Williams missed 14 games last season due to a concussion he suffered at the Giants. Last week against the Browns was his first time hitting an opponent si...more>>
    With Delvin Breaux out for six weeks, one of the Saints motto's comes into play, next man up. "For all of us. We all have to step it up a notch. Because he's a big part of our defense. We can all play. We need to step it up for him, and also for the defense, to make sure we win games," said cornerback P.J. Williams. Williams missed 14 games last season due to a concussion he suffered at the Giants. Last week against the Browns was his first time hitting an opponent si...more>>
  • LSU acquires possible Mike VII

    LSU acquires possible Mike VII

    Wednesday, August 16 2017 4:59 PM EDT2017-08-16 20:59:34 GMT
    "Harvey" (Source: LSU)"Harvey" (Source: LSU)

    A potential Mike VII has arrived.

    more>>

    A potential Mike VII has arrived.

    more>>
Powered by Frankly