Personal trainer and owner of Radikal Fitnezz, Rob Jason shows off some hard hitting exercises for the core. These can be done in the gym or at home using sliders or napkins.
See exercise steps below.
Start off with a light Jog (45 seconds to a minute)
Plank ups to Frog Jump (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Starting in a low plank position from the elbows, you push up to a high plank ,then taking both of your feet jumping forward trying to get your knees to touch your elbows and then returning back to the high plank and then to the low plank and repeat.
Sliding Mountain Climbers (30 seconds)
- Equipment needed Socks/Napkins/paper plates...
- To perform this exercise you will need a smooth surface floor socks or napkin. Taking your legs one at a time trying to bring your knee as close to your chest as possible and returning them to the high plank position.
Sliding knee tucks (30 seconds)
- To perform this exercise you will start in a high plank position taking both knees and pulling them towards your chest and crunching your core . Then returning your feet to a high plank position.
Slide up pikes (30 seconds)
- To perform this exercise you will start in a high plank position holding your legs straight pulling them as close to your hands as you can. Then returning back to high plank position.