ARABI, LA (WVUE) - St. Bernard Parish government secured a $21 million dollar loan to replace water lines in Arabi.The loan from the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals will be used to complete two phases of the project.
· Mehle Avenue St. Claude Ave. to N. Peters
· Mehle Street Judge Perez to Mustang Dr.
· Friscoville Ave. St. Claude Ave. to N. Peters
· Rowley Blvd. Judge Perez to Patricia St.
· Mustang Dr. Mehle to Esteban
· Patricia St. Mehle to Aycock
Project 1.1 will go through May 2016.
· Angela St. N. Peters to St. Claude
· St. Claude Ave. Government to Mehle
· Dauphine St. Angela to Mehle
· Douglas St. Angela to Mehle
· Government St. St. Claude to Rampart
· Rampart St. Government to Angela
Project 1.4 will run through August 2016.
The parish says people who live in the immediate area of work may experience periodic water shut off. Residents are expected to get at least three days notice of a water shut off via door hanger notices.