Simulated gunfire in the French Quarter - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports, Social

Simulated gunfire in the French Quarter

Filming notice for French Quarter (Source: FOX 8 Photo/FILE) Filming notice for French Quarter (Source: FOX 8 Photo/FILE)
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -

A movie production in the French Quarter will block off a portion of Bienville Street on Friday.

The Mayor's Office of Cultural Economy says on February 19 the 1000 block of Bienville will be closed from 6 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.

A movie production company plans to film a sequence that will involve special effects including simulated gunfire.

NOPD and NOFD personnel will be on hand to protect public safety.

The City says last year New Orleans hosted 411 tax credit film projects with direct spending of roughly $583 million.

Copyright 2016 WVUE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly