(WVUE) - Residents of St. Tammany Parish who continue to clean up after historic flooding in March can schedule debris pickup through April 29.
To have flood debris picked up, residents should call the Department of Public Works at 985-898-2557 with address information of where the debris is located.
A few debris collection reminders from St. Tammany Parish:
- All debris should be separated into piles and placed at the outer perimeter of property in the right-of-way, but not blocking the roadway.
- If your property does not have an area of right of way large enough to accommodate the debris, please place it as close to the edge of your property line as possible.
- The arm of the debris removal truck must be able to reach the debris.
- Do not place debris in black garbage bags or it will not be picked up.
- Debris removal crews must be able to see the debris in order to separate it correctly.
- White goods (appliances) are disposed of differently than vegetative and construction debris. Do not be concerned if appliances are not picked up with other debris.
The six categories of debris are are as follows:
- vegetative debris,
- construction and demolition debris,
- appliances and white goods,
- and household hazardous waste.
For questions on how to separate debris, visit www.stpgov.org/disaster, to view a brief video tutorial.