GRAND ISLE, LA (WVUE) - Three Grand Isle police officers have been arrested stemming from a four month long investigation, according to Grand Isle Police Chief Euris DuBois.
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said that the following three officers, and two civilians, have been arrested as a result of the investigation:
- Captain Tyson Gravette - One count of Extortion, one count of Malfeasance In Office.
- Lieutenant Elgene Gary - One count of Malfeasance In Office.
- Officer Cameron Westbrook - One count of Extortion, one count of Malfeasance in Office.
- Karrie Mulac - One count of Extortion
- Tasha Eschete - One count of Extortion
Mulac and Eschete do not work for the Grand Isle Police Department according to JPSO.
Longtime Police Chief Euris Dubois said he is fully cooperating.
"I cooperated," he said. "Anything they wanted, I gave it to him - no hesitation. I have nothing to hide I don't know what these guys did. Even I'm very shocked. I just don't know what to say."
The arrests come as the island enters its busy season. Dubois said he has received assurances that the JPSO will furnish deputies as back-up to help keep the peace.