NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - New Orleans Police invite citizens to show their support as Officer Natasha Hunter is laid to rest Monday, June 13.
Hunter died of injuries received when police say a drunken driver ran into her patrol unit Sunday.
Funeral services will be held Monday at Greater St. Stephens Baptist Church.
The community is invited to line the route during the procession following the service starting around noon.
The NOPD provided the planned route which will begin at the church at 5600 Reed Boulevard:
- Procession will exit right onto Read Boulevard toward 2nd turn around on Read (Southbound) to U-turn onto
- Read (North bound) heading toward Lake Forest Boulevard and proceed to I-10 West on ramp @ Read Bd.
- Left onto I-10 West on ramp to I-10 westbound (toward CBD)
- Proceed on I-10 West to exit right onto Orleans Ave./ Vieux Carre (Exit 235A)
- Turn Left onto Orleans Ave to Claiborne Ave.
- Continue on Orleans Ave to Basin St. (toward Canal St.)
- Proceed on Basin St. to Iberville St.
- U-turn at Iberville St. onto Basin St. (Lake Bound) direction towards St. Louis St. (1st District Police
- Continue on Basin St. via Orleans Ave. to I-10 West on ramp
- Proceed onto I-10 West to Pontchartrain Expressway (Merge Right)
- Continue on Interstate 10 West into Jefferson Parish
- Exit right onto Power Blvd. (South) exit #234. (veer Left onto Power Blvd)
- Proceed on Power Blvd to Veterans Bd. Continue Straight onto David Dr.
- Continue on David Dr. to Airline Highway
- Turn Right on Airline Hwy. to 8200 Airline Hwy. (Providence Park Cemetery on left)
Drivers should be prepared for possible interstate closures in the westbound direction between Noon and 2 p.m. Monday.
Members of the Louisiana State Police, Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and Kenner Police Department will be assisting NOPD with traffic control during the procession.