LAFOURCHE PARISH, LA (WVUE) - The Lafourche Parish Sheriff's office announced Saturday it will offer a beginner handgun course. It will be held on Saturday, July 9 at the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office Shooting Range, 3451 Highway 182, Raceland.
The class, which lasts from 8 a.m. until around noon, is designed for first-time firearms owners and people looking to learn basic fundamentals about firearm ownership.
The course will include the following:
- Firearms handling and shooting safety
- Firearms parts and their operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
- How to select, clean, and store a firearm
- Review of various activities available to help participants develop their shooting skills
- One hour of live range fire with certified firearms instructor
The cost for the course is $50, and advance registration is suggested due to class size. Click here to register online, or for more information, contact Lt. Lafate Day at (985) 532-4327 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition, eye protection (sunglasses or eyeglasses are sufficient), and ear protection (muffs or plugs).