NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - New Orleans police ask for the public's help to identify and find two men wanted in connection with a vehicle burglary.
Police say it happened on June 10 in the 1700 block of Jena Street. At about 12:55 a.m., the men were captured on surveillance burglarizing a vehicle in the area. The victim reported to police the vehicle was unlocked at the time of the incident.
Anyone with information about the man or the burglary, is asked to call Second District Detectives at (504) 658-6020 or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.
Here are some tips from the New Orleans Police Department on how to avoid car break-ins and thefts:
- Lock the doors
- Close windows and sunroofs
- Don’t leave valuables such as laptops, cell phones, wallets, purses or GPS devices in plain view
- Put away any garage door opener and any items with personal information
- Move valuables to the trunk before reaching your destination
- Don’t leave keys in the vehicle