METAIRIE, LA (WVUE) - New Orleans Saints mini camp kicks off today.
It's a chance for the Who Dat Nation to get a first-hand look at the new team before training camp and preseason begins.
The gates open at 10:15 a.m. today and open practices will run today through Thursday from 11 a.m. until 1:20 p.m.
These free practices are where fans can come and check the players out as they compete for roster spots. If you do come here there are a few rules you have to follow though
First you're not allowed to take any video.
Also fans are being asked to arrive early as you will need to pass through a security checkpoint where all bags will be checked by security.
- You can’t bring any backpacks, video cameras, oversized handbags, outside food and beverages or pets.
- Food, beverages and merchandise are available for purchase.
- Parking for fans is available in the zephyr field parking lot.
- The Americans with Disabilities drop off spot is in front of the main entrance gate for practice.
- If rain comes today, mini camp will be moved to the Saints’ indoor facility, closing the practice to the public.