NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The St. Jude Dream Home has an owner.
Tygerlynn Bridges from New Orleans is the proud owner of the 2016 St. Jude Dream Home, which has an estimated value of $600,000.
Together, we raised over $1.2 million for the St. Jude Children's Research Center.
The money raised will help St. Jude continue its research efforts to find cures for catastrophic childhood illnesses.
The money also financially helps families with children facing life threatening illnesses such as cancer, many of which live in Southeast Louisiana.
Thanks to your donations, those families never receive a bill. Your dollars make it possible for the hospital to cover the costs for families to travel to the hospital in Memphis, the medical treatments and their temporary housing while they are there receiving treatment.
The home, located on Stafford Place, is a four bedroom, three bathroom home measuring close to 3,000 square feet.
In addition to Tygerlynn Bridges winning the St. Jude Dream Home, other winners were drawn Sunday during the St. Jude Telethon:
- Tickets on Sale prize - Gas for a year, valued at $2500, courtesy of Gulf Coast Bank & Trust - Kathy Woodruff of Metairie, LA.
- Early Bird prize - 2016 Honda Civic LX, courtesy of Dream Day Foundation & Royal Honda - Bonnie Cordier of New Orleans, LA.
- Open House prize - Groceries for a year, valued at $10,000, courtesy of Dream Day Foundation - Pamela LeBeau of Lafitte, LA.
- Bonus prize - A cruise for two in an ocean-view stateroom on any Carnival Cruise Line ship - Gayle Webre of Lafayette, LA.
- Ultimate Tailgate package, courtesy of Raising Canes - Ronald Guidroz of Metairie, LA.
- Brizo Prize Package - Camille Moor of Sunset, LA.
- $1,000 VISA Gift Card - Thomas Castay of Destrehan.
- $1,000 VISA Gift Card, courtesy of Remy Family - Bugloitt Trout of Buras, LA.
- $1,000 VISA Gift Card - Frank Carbon of Metairie, LA.