ST. CHARLES PARISH, LA (WVUE) - St. Charles Parish President Larry Cochran has declared a state of emergency due to the heavy rainfall and as a precautionary measure in anticipation of further rainfall later this week. officials are continuing to monitor and respond to heavy rain and high water.
The Department of Wastewater has put a sewer notice in place for all residents in St. Charles Parish. Residents are asked to minimize their sewer use until further notice.
Flooding has closed several roads in the parish.
The following is a list of open sandbag locations, road closures, and high water locations:
- East Bank Bridge Park
- West Bank Bridge Park
- Bayou Gauche
- Riverpoint Drive in Destrehan
- Williams Street in Boutte
- Barton Avenue in Luling
- Ormond Oaks, Ormond Boulevard, and Ormond Boulevard in Destrehan
- Thomas Colby Drive in Destrehan
- River Road at Barton Avenue in Luling
- Old Spanish Trail at Pit Road, Cajun Paradis, Exxon
- River Road at Davis Diversion
- Ormond Boulevard and Ormond Oaks in Destrehan
- Ashland, Celia Court and Courville in Luling
- Giacomo Street in Norco
- East Club Drive in St. Rose
- Badalimenti Street in Luling
- Pat’s Court in Ama