NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The Saints Kick Off 5K Race Saturday morning will cause many New Orleans Regional Transit Authority bus lines, as well as the St. Charles, Canal and Loyola streetcar lines will have detours.
The detours will be in effect until 10 a.m. or until the race has completely cleared the impacted bus and streetcar lines downtown.
The detours are listed below and are available on the RTA vehicles, and the RTA website at www.norta.com.
- 12-St. Charles Streetcar: No streetcar service between Lee Circle and Canal Street. Shuttle bus will operate between Lee Circle and Canal Street.
- 47 & 48 – Canal Streetcars: No streetcar service between Baronne Street and Harrah’s Casino.
- 49-Loyola-UPT Streetcar: No service until the race is finished.
- 5-Marigny-Bywater & 55-Elysian Fields: No service between Elysian Fields Ave. and N. Peters St. and Canal St. during the race. Service will end at Elysian Fields Ave. and N. Peters St. until the race is over.
- 10-Tchoupitoulas: Buses will use Convention Center Blvd to Canal Street and stop at Harrah’s Casino.
- 11-Magazine: Buses will stop at Capedeville Street. No service from Capedeville Street and Canal Street until the race is finished.
- 16-S. Claiborne: Buses will use Tulane Avenue and Canal Street instead of Poydras Street. No service on Poydras Street during the race.
- 84 – Galvez: Buses leaving Elks Place will use Tulane Avenue instead of Poydras Street.
- 91 – Jackson-Esplanade: Buses will use MLK Blvd, Claiborne Avenue, and Canal Street between O.C. Haley Blvd and Rampart Street.
- 101, 102, 114, 115-Algiers/West Bank Lines: All buses will exit and enter the expressway at Tulane Avenue. No service on O’Keefe Avenue or S. Rampart Street until the race is finished.
- 202-Airport Express: Buses will use Tulane Avenue to I-10. No service to UPT until the race is finished.
Anyone with questions can call the RTA Customer Care Rideline at 504-248-3900.