JEFFERSON PARISH, LA (WVUE) - Jefferson Parish investigators say they've identified and arrested the man believed to have robbed three different convenience stores a total of five times.
Deputies say Anthony Randle, 21, used a black semi-automatic handgun, and in each of the robberies he would point the gun at the clerks inside the store, demand money and then leave on foot.
According to Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand, Randle is accused of the following robberies:
1. 8/20/2016 at 2:16am Brother's Food Mart - 1020 Seven Oaks Boulevard Bridge City
2. 8/22/2016 at 3:50am Brother's Food Mart - 900 Seven Oaks Boulevard, in Bridge City
3. 9/06/2016 at 1:09am Brother's Food Mart - 1020 Seven Oaks Boulevard, in Bridge City
4. 9/07/2016 at 12:51am Brother's Food Mart - 4520 Jefferson Highway, in Jefferson
5. 9/19/2016 at 1:08 am Brother's Food Mart- 4520 Jefferson Highway, in Jefferson
Deputies say descriptions from the victims as well as video surveillance helped them identify Randle as the sole suspect in each crime.
On Monday, Deputy Sheena Matherne spotted a vehicle linked to the robberies on Jefferson Heights Avenue. A chase across the Huey P. Long Bridge ensued, and continued when two people jumped from the vehicle and ran.
Randle, who deputies say was the passenger in the vehicle, was arrested. The driver is still at large and has not been identified.
Detectives say they located property taken from the robberies, along with the handgun described by the victims.
Randle is charged with five counts of armed robbery.