NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The commute across metro New Orleans will get a little trickier this weekend as the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development will close parts of Interstate 610 from Saturday night through Monday morning.
From 10 p.m. Saturday through 5 a.m. Monday I-610 westbound from Franklin Avenue to I-10 will be closed in its entirety. I-610 eastbound from the I-10 split to St. Bernard will be closed. Access from ground-level at Gentilly Boulevard and beyond will remain open.
The closure will allow crews to perform concrete work as part of the Wisner Boulevard Bridge Overpass Replacement project.
The following detours are advised:
- All traffic that would normally exit on I-610 for West End and Canal Boulevards should take I-10 east to the Metairie Road/City Park Avenue exit.
- Traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at St. Bernard Avenue should take I-10 east to the N. Claiborne Avenue exit.
- Traffic that would normally exit Elysian Fields Avenue or Franklin Avenue should take I-10 east to the Elysian Fields exit.
- All through traffic should remain on I-10 east.
- All traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at Elysian Fields Avenue, N. Broad Street, or Paris Avenue should use the Chef Menteur Highway or Franklin Avenue exits.
- Traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at Canal Boulevard should take I-10 west to the Florida Boulevard or West End exit.
All construction activity is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled in the weather is bad this weekend.