NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Voters across South East Louisiana will be headed to the polls this Saturday for Spring elections.
Voters in Orleans Parish will only decide Judge Civil District Court, Division B.
Some Jefferson Parish voters will have a number of items to decide including:
- Mayor City of Westwego
- Council Member District 3, City of Westwego
- Council Member District 5, City of Westwego
- PW (Library) - 6 1/2 Mills Renewal - PC - 10 Yrs. - Renewal of $6.5 million property tax over the next 10 years to go to public libraries.
- Fire Protection Dist. No. 3 - 25 Mills - PC - 10 Yrs. - New $25 million property tax over the next 10 years to go to the District No. 3 Fire Department.
- City of Gretna (Ambulance Service) - 4.00 Mills Renewal - M&CC - 10 Yrs. - Renewal of $4 million property tax over the next ten years to go towards maintenance and operation of local ambulance service.
- City of Gretna (Fire Prot.) - 8.5 Mills Renewal - M&CC - 10 Yrs. - Renewal of $8.5 million property tax over the next ten years to go towards fire protection.
The following parishes in our area also have items on the ballot:
- St. Tammany
- St. Charles
Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Those in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Voters will be asked for a picture identification card (Louisiana Driver's License, Louisiana Special I.D. card, or passport). If you do not have a picture ID, you will be required to fill out an identification affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.